List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Default toolbars size in messages
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2005-02-23 13:44:08

El Miércoles 23 Febrero 2005 14:08, Davide Ferrari escribió:
> Hi all
>
> I hope I'm still in time for KDEE3.4, and if not let's hope for 3.4.1 ;)
>
> What I want to talk about here is the default toolbar size for messages
> in KMail/Kontact, both composed and received. I think that the default
> toolbar size is too small and though "less usable" to almost every kind
> of user. The Windows newcomers are used to OE, which has bigger toolbars.
> The Thunderbird newcomers are used too to bigger toolbars. The new-at-all
> to a mail program isn't used at all to mail program functions so it
> should be helpful for him/her to have detailed descriptions of every
> toolbar button. They are so few that space is not a problem.
>
> So what I'm proposing here is to change default icons dimension in the
> new message composing window and in the reading message window to large
> (32x32 size) and in the "text under icons" mode. I personally see only
> pros to this behaviour, but if you want, let's discuss about it.

Davide, either icons are too small or they are too big across the dektop.
I tend to use larger than default icons on my toolbar, at least on screens
with a large enough resolution (which I define as anything at or above
1280x960). There is a place where this choice can be made globally, and
that is in the the control panel icon "advanced" tab.

It could be useful to increas icon sizes globally, if the screen i slarge
enough. That could be an additional task for the initial configuration
wizard.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                          - Enoch Root