List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [kde] Desktop/File Manager Icons size
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-02-19 6:45:25

Bastiaan Naber wrote:
> Can anyone explain why, in the control center, the size of the Desktop Icons
> can not be changed independently from the File Manger Icons size?
>
> I have done it manually by changing the size of the File Manger icons size in
> the "konqlistviewrc" config file but it is very anoying to have to do it this
> way, I was stuck with either huge file manager icons or tiny desktop icons
> untill I found this config file.
>
> Should I file a bug against this?

No, I would submit it the the usability list for comments.

There are two settings that are not labeled well:

In the Control Center: Appearance & Themes -> Icons : Advanced

The "Size" for: "Desktop/File Manager" doesn't exactly set the size for
the "File Manager" icons; it sets the *Default* size for the "File
Manager" icons.

In the menu of the "Icon View" KFM plugin for Konqueror, there is:
"View -> Icon Size" where you can either select the size or choose
"Default" which isn't really default but rather is the DeskTop size.

I think that this issue is a result of various changes that have been
made without thinking the total design through.  But, now it isn't quite
correct and it needs to be fixed.  Possibly only the strings need to be
changed.

--
JRT