List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: "Hide Menubar" proposal
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-19 5:00:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 18 February 2005 08:48, Frans Englich wrote:
> > obviously, this is for Frans to decide =) but in his (preemptive?)
> > defense, should he choose to say "not yet" i'd understand. it's still
> > very much a draft and he seemed to indicate that he wanted to do another
> > revision or two before launching it on the unsuspecting.
>
> What do you think? Was the paper readable? Useful? I seriously can't tell
> such things.

it was readable.. i just had to read it over a few times and look at the
screenshots a couple more times to grok what you were suggesting.  i think if
you added some detail that would help (it wasn't immediately apparent, for
instance, that you were also considering external toolbars; i do think those
will have additional problems, however, compared to an external menubar; but
i'm getting ahead of ourselves here) ... especially some detail on how to go
about implementing it in our apps (e.g. a big more on the technical
details?) ...

there are a lot of implications of going such a route. we'll want to explore
them all once we have a detailed proposal to examine.

> Judging from the timestamps, I wrote it three months ago. I will probably
> review/brush it up in the near future and post it on this list, in either
> case.

that'd be cool

--
Aaron J. Seigo