List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: How to prevent KDE submenus with a single item from collapsing?
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-18 17:57:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On February 18, 2005 9:38, Gustavo Pichorim Boiko wrote:

> > > I am using KDE 3.3.
> >
> > you're using SUSE, right? yeah... Waldo (IIRC) wrote this patch for SUSE
> > which folds single item menus into their parent. evidently he missed
> > renaming the item properly, or perhaps this was intentional. i would like
> > to get this into HEAD, but it does need some clean up and i won't have
> > time for that before 3.4.
>
> Laurent Montel is implementing this feature as it is specified in the
> freedesktop menu specification.
> The renaming of single items to both the menu or the item name will be
> configurable.

i'd prefer to see it follow the menu settings that we already have. presenting
another set of options for this specific feature will be difficult to phrase
is user-friendly terms and will only make the configuration of the menu more
complex. right now we have the three following settings, and here's how i'd
map them:

	- Name only
		just show the menu name, e.g. CD & DVD Burning
	- Name (Description)
		K3B (CD & DVD Burning)
	- Description (Name)
		CD & DVD Burning (K3B)

simple! =)

> But I think this won't be finished for KDE 3.4

not a problem. if you can remember to do so, i'd love to see the final patch
and merge it into HEAD as soon as it's ready. if it's particularly clean, we
could even sneak it into 3.4.1 as a "xdg specification compliance bug fix"

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric