List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: [kde] quick question about desktop text]
From:       Harijs Buss <hbush () apollo ! lv>
Date:       2005-02-13 22:08:29

On Sunday, 13. February 2005 23:45, Aaron J. Seigo rakstija:

> 	o we document the rational behind each and every control panel including
> how it's contents were decided upon, how the widgets were decided upon and
> how the arrangement of those widgets were decided upon

Will user opinion about that be involved at least somehow?

I mean it can be sometimes radically different - what developers think about
rational, and what different users think about that.  Would be nice to have
some more or less objective data about users.  For example, it might be
possible to ask distribution producers to ask their customers. These people
usually have all customer e-mail addresses. Might be possible to make
adequate statistically significant sample set of them.

> it's not fair for those who have been involved for a long time
> to have to go through this cycle of redundancy,
> and it's not fair to those who recently join the efforts to not have any
> way of knowing just what has been done.

Please don't ever forget about users. What you described is not fair to users
in the first place because they are forced to accustom to changes they might
not regard as necessary or sometimes even as positive.

Harry