List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: [kde] quick question about desktop text]
From:       Liam Smit <smitty () absamail ! co ! za>
Date:       2005-02-13 14:23:58

Howzit?

> > But, by the way, I don't see THAT button so hard to find: the dialog
> > is quite clear and the button is obvious for me.
>
> Perhaps it's not so hard too find and I was a little dumb but I don't
> get why it has to be in another dialog and not in an usual tab

'Background Icon Text' options do not belong in the 'Advanced Background
Settings' dialogue. Looking at the other contents of this dialogue i.e.
'Background Program' and 'Memory Usage' it seems out of place.

I suggest bringing 'Background Icon Text' out of 'Advanced Background
Settings' and putting it in the 'Background' dialogue, along with the
'Background' and 'Options' areas. It should fit under the preview
window with minor tweaking. At the same time the 'Advanced Options...'
button could be brought down and placed under the 'Options' area.

cheers
Liam