List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: [kde] quick question about desktop text]
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-11 17:18:36

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 10:53 am, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Note that this user specifically said that he couldn't find it.
>
> We need to eliminate the "Magic Button" and put these options on tabs in
>   a logical location.

[snip original message]

Tell the user to right-click on the desktop, then click on 'Configure
Desktop...' The user should then click the 'Advanced Options' button to find
the setting he wants to change.

IMHO, this "we need to eliminate the 'Magic Button'" talk is nonsense. Rather,
we should probably debate about whether or not the default of shadowed icon
text on the desktop is useful. IMHO, changing the shadowed icon text feature
is an advanced option so i think it's in the right place.

Matt