List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Re: Proposal for contact dragging
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason.keirstead () q1labs ! com>
Date:       2005-01-11 18:09:00

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 1:14 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> middle mouse for dragging is not standard behaviour. left mouse always
> drags. KTabWidget breaks this behaviour because left mouse drags the
> contents of the tab, as expected.

I know, this is what I am saying

MMB+Drag is for "alternate context dragging". Kopete should break this in the
same way because dragging an LVI should drag the LVI, as expected.

This is exactly what we are doing in Kopete. Currently, dragging an LVI can
have different outcomes depending on the location of the mouse press. This is
bad and confusing. Restricting it to only doing this alternate behavior when
using the MMB is good.

--
Jason Keirstead
Software Developer

Q1 Labs Inc.
506.260.0787 - Mobile
506.459.7016 - Fax
1.877.471.5227 Ex. 111
jason.keirstead@q1labs.com | www.q1labs.com

Do you know what is happening on your network RIGHT NOW?
QRadar - Network Security Intelligence