List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Konqueror menus (2)
From:       Ellen Reitmayr <ellen.reitmayr () relevantive ! de>
Date:       2005-01-07 16:54:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

hi!

> The first menu item: "Hide menubar" isn't a setting, it should be either in
> the "view" or in the "window" menu.

The 'Hide menubar' option should be completely removed. The danger of
hitting it accidentally is too high, and unexperienced users might not
know how to get it back. -> This issue is also added to the new HIG.

> I already talked to Ellen to move the third item "Full screen mode" to the
> "view" menu. This is really misplaced.

-> This is also added to the new HIG, but not yet discussed. See
www.kde.org/areas/guidelines/html/menus_standard.html

> In the second screenshot (konqueror as webbrowser) there are 2 greyed
> menuitems ("View properties saved in folder" and "Remove folder
> properties"). These items are always greyed in this mode, so why aren't
> they removed?

I think they were not removed because even if a user is in web browsing
mode, he can open local files.

But as all items to change view properties for file browsing are
removed, it makes no sense to leave the 'save folder properties' items.
They should also be removed to avoid confusion for unexperienced users.

Greetings,
/el

Ellen Reitmayr          email: reitmayr@relevantive.de
Usability Engineer      mobil: +49.177.3325867
relevantive AG          fon:   +49.30.23455630
Zehdenicker Str. 21     fax:   +49.30.23455639
10119 Berlin            web:   www.relevantive.de