List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       Leo Savernik <l.savernik () aon ! at>
Date:       2005-01-05 19:54:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2005 19:36 schrieb Charles de Miramon:
> Le Mercredi 5 Janvier 2005 13:04, Jason Keirstead a écrit :
> > I am wondering, why in KDE 3.4, we need this Konqueror option "Show
> > 'Delete' menu entries which bypass the trashcan".
>
> I think that we first need an extension/plugin system similar to Firefox
> for Konqueror.
>
> When we have that, we can move some functionalities to extension and have a
> simpler vanilla Konqueror. People complaining that feature X is absent
> would just have to install one of the extension.

The problem here is this:
- extension added against KDE x.y
- extension unmaintained for KDE x.y+1
- extension crashes for KDE x.y+2
etc.

It'll become the same mess as it's currently with firefox. It becomes unstable
very quickly when adding extensions. Going with the very stable vanilla
firefox is, erm, too vanilla.

[...]

mfg
 Leo