List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: It is illogical...
From:       Peter Postmus <ppostmus () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-12-07 22:17:07

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

>On Saturday 04 December 2004 17:19, Ra1n wrote:
>

>>Daniel Molina wrote:
>>

>>>The Progress bar would allow you to see the % of disk space available.  I
>>>don't think there is a good way to show the absolute space without making
>>>the interface looking more crowded.
>>>
>>>Adding more information to the tooltip as proposed earlier seems to be a
>>>good option (IMHO), as tooltips are generally associated to the idea of
>>>receiving more information on the object under the mouse.
>>>

>>I Agree, the progress bar shows you both disk full and free percentage
>>in a simple way, if you want to see the exact amount of free disk space
>>you could look at a tooltip or in the properties dialog
>>

>Tooltip with a nice graphics (pie chart, "progress" bar) and some numbers,
>like "XGb total, YGb free".

I've watched this thread, and think it's a great idea. But IMO we have
to be careful not to put too much information in the tooltip. Otherwise,
users will need to spend more time locating the information they need.
Besides, if we were to add a visual representation of the free/used
percentage of space to the icon, why add another one in the tooltip? I
think it's overkill. Please just show the percentages and actual numbers
in the tooltip.

Peter