List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: It is illogical...
From:       Martin Koller <m.koller () surfeu ! at>
Date:       2004-12-08 12:13:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Friday 03 December 2004 14:32, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> It is IMHO illogical to put the free disk space in the properties dialog
> for a file or directory.

For a directoty it does make sense, as a directory can be located on a device
different from its parent or sister directory (think on mounts).
For a file it was useless and is already removed in current CVS.

> A better way would be to provide a visual representation of your disks,
> and show free space in the properties dialog of those disks.

If you have a look at current CVS you'll see that I added a bar showing the
fill grade in the "Device" tab.
This tab also shows the free space and the percentage of used space.
See attached screenshot.

If you want to have an overview, you can have a look in kinfocenter/Storage
Devices or kwikdisk/kdiskfree

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
registered as user #332716 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

       Some operating systems are called 'user friendly',
             Linux however is 'expert friendly'.

["device.png" (image/png)]