List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KWin decoration button position widget
From:       Sandro Giessl <sandro () giessl ! com>
Date:       2004-12-03 16:58:41

Am Friday, 3. December 2004 14:39 schrieb Charles de Miramon:
> Le Jeudi 2 Décembre 2004 22:47, Sandro Giessl a écrit :
> Sandro,
>
> The new KCM are already much better than the old one. Thanks a lot.
>
> > Agreed. The slider already acts like a decoration specific option
> > config-widgets anyway (e.g. hidden for certain decorations which
> > don't support reporting their borders).
>
> Is it useful to have a slider ? It looks like that you can only 3 or
> 4 fixed position (very small, small, normal, big, extra big).
Basically yes. Depends on what the decoration offers, but there are
about 7 sizes or so.

> Is a
> combo box not better ?
I also think so. Anyone knows if the slider has been introduced for a
special reason or is it ok to change it?

> I still have a problem with the preview pane. I think the preview
> windows should be shrinked a little bit to break the continuity
> between the configuration tabs and have a graphical appearance
> (heavier grey border, 3d effect) making it clear to the user that it
> is not a normal window but a preview window.
An extra margin for the widget should do enough to separate it a bit
from the tabbar. A border seems to be too heavy and cluttering, but I
will try.