List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KWin decoration button position widget
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2004-12-03 13:39:12

Le Jeudi 2 Décembre 2004 22:47, Sandro Giessl a écrit :
Sandro,

The new KCM are already much better than the old one. Thanks a lot.

> Agreed. The slider already acts like a decoration specific option
> config-widgets anyway (e.g. hidden for certain decorations which don't
> support reporting their borders).

Is it useful to have a slider ? It looks like that you can only 3 or 4 fixed
position (very small, small, normal, big, extra big). Is a combo box not
better ?

I still have a problem with the preview pane. I think the preview windows
should be shrinked a little bit to break the continuity between the
configuration tabs and have a graphical appearance (heavier grey border, 3d
effect) making it clear to the user that it is not a normal window but a
preview window.

Putting the preview pane below the configuration is, I guess, the most logical
way. Now we must do the same for the different KCM  showing previews )-:

Cheers,
Charles
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org