List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KWin decoration button position widget
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-03 18:21:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On December 3, 2004 9:58, Sandro Giessl wrote:
> > Is a
> > combo box not better ?
>
> I also think so. Anyone knows if the slider has been introduced for a
> special reason or is it ok to change it?

should be fine to change it.

> > I still have a problem with the preview pane. I think the preview
> > windows should be shrinked a little bit to break the continuity
> > between the configuration tabs and have a graphical appearance
> > (heavier grey border, 3d effect) making it clear to the user that it
> > is not a normal window but a preview window.
>
> An extra margin for the widget should do enough to separate it a bit
> from the tabbar.

this is probably the better solution =)

> A border seems to be too heavy and cluttering, but I
> will try.

yes, please don't add it back. i removed the border Once Upon A Time around
the preview widget because it doesn't add anything and generally looks bad
while not actually providing the separation one would expect. it just makes
it look like two window that happen to be inside a box ;-)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric