List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: CrystalSVG icons: "previous" & "next"
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2004-11-23 22:05:33

NOTE: this is also a usability issue so I am CCing the 'usability' list.

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> In CrystalSVG:
>
> The icon: "previous" is the same as: "back"
>
> The icon: "next" is the same as: "forward"
>
> This doesn't work very well when you use all four of them in the same
> toolbar.
>
> Note that there is no problem in HiColor/KDEClassic.

And this gets worse:

In KPDF it appears that the wrong icons were chosen for "Next Page" and

In any case, if we are going to have the same 6 buttons that Xpdf has, we are
going to need 6 different icons.

I also note that IMO, the same icons from KGhostView should have the same
functions.  If they don't have the same functions, then the icons should be
different.  Specifically: "next" & "previous" currently do not have the same
functions in the two apps and IIUC, KPDF does not have the function that these
icons are used for in KGhostView.

--
JRT