List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: CrystalSVG icons: "previous" & "next"
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-11-23 23:01:10

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 20:05, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> NOTE: this is also a usability issue so I am CCing the 'usability'
> list.
[snip]

You are completely right. The main issue atm is that the purposes of
specific icon names are poorly specified and standardized, leading to
the same icon being reused for completely different and sometimes
even contradicting meanings. A standardization of at least the common
set of icons should be included in KDE's Human Interface Guidelines
or Corporate/Community Identity Guidelines. Also I read on fd.o's
mailing list that Frans Englich did some preliminary work unifying
unique icons across several desktop environments, so he might have
some useful information as well.

Cheers, Datschge