List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Logout Dialog
From:       Celeste Paul <seele () obso1337 ! org>
Date:       2004-11-15 20:35:23

> > the descriptions for the button actions are too long.  why was "turn off
> > computer" used instead of "shutdown" or "restart computer" instead of
> > "restart" and "end current session" used instead of "end session"?
> Do you mean in my proposal?? The current dialog uses this text labels.

your proposal uses "end current session" "turn off computer" and "restart computer" \
from what i see in the screenshots.

> please tell me something usable. i can fix this in less than 1 second ;).

shutdown, restart, logout

> Camon, I hate windows, but i don't hate it because it's interface. As all
> software in the world its interface is not the best and not even close, but of

a good reason why it shouldnt be used as an example to base design from

> sure that it has elements that are good and can be used. Don't say windows
> interface is ugly just because it's a Microsoft product. Like it or no the
> majority of desktop around the world use it, and must be a reason for so.

the interface isnt ugly, but there are usability and consistency issues with it.  the \
reason why the majority of the world uses it is a holy war that has been going on for \
the better part of ten years and shouldnt be discussed on this mailing list.

> I believe that your problem is with Windows/Microsoft and not with my proposal.

my problem is not with windows, my problem is that just because an interface is \
popular doesnt mean its usable.

> If i had ripped off some MacOSX interface everything should be fine. What is
> the point with you man?? Do you hate me that much? ;)

im a woman :P

--
http://www.obso1337.org/