List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Windows-key: Please don't blindly copy Windows
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-15 1:18:32

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 03:38, Roland Seuhs wrote:
> Earlier, the "Windows"-key was a perfectly usable modifier-key (just like
> in Windows, BTW). For example I used it to switch desktops (with
> Win+Cursor), close apps (Win+Esc), minimize, maximize, etc.

this list isn't the proper venue for this IMO. this is an issue to bring up
with the person who implemented it, and if they feel the need for usability
advice / consultation they can come here.

in any case, looking at my box running KDE CVS here, i don't see the Win key
being the default for the popup menu in the keyboard shortcuts area. it's
_possible_ to make it the shortcut (which wasn't possible previously) but
doesn't seem to be the default? perhaps someone else can confirm or correct?

--
Aaron J. Seigo