List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: [kde-linux] Left Handed Mouse Pointers?]
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2004-09-09 17:52:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 09 September 2004 19:00, Tina Trillitzsch wrote:

> I agree with James that this is a usability issue. It's a perfect
> example of bad mapping as Donald Norman describes it in his classic
> "The Design of Everyday Things"/"The Psychology of Everyday Things"
> [1]. (The book is a very interesting read for anyone concerned with
> usability, by the way.)

The pointer-pointing-the-wrong way has been a major irritation with me, too,
although not so major I felt compelled to fix it.

Another left-handedness issue I once did fix: the scrollbars. I want them
left, all left, not just the konsole and XEmacs scrollbar. I patched Qt 2.x
to place all QScrollView based scrollbars to the left (easy, the code is
there for RTL languages), but I never got anywhere with the patch, and
nowadays, with scrollwheel mice, I don't care as much anymore.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi