List:       kde-usability
Subject:    About Ark
From:       Henrique Pinto <henrique.pinto () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-09-09 21:47:23

Hi!

I'm consider doing some changes to Ark, but I'm not sure if they would be good
or not usability-wise. Could someone please give me some advice on the issues
below?

Issue 1: Having a fixed set of columns
	Currently, the columns Ark displays are dependant on the archive type. For
	example, the CRC column is shown for ZIP files, but not for tarballs. I would
	like to have a fixed set of columns, regardless of the archive type. I don't
	think many users care about CRC or compression methods, so having
	less columns will mean having less "noise" on the screen.

Issue 2: Splitting filename and path
	Currently, filenames and paths are displayed together in a "Filename" column.
	I'm consider splitting them into separate columns. What do you think about
	this?

Thank you!

--
	Henrique Pinto