List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: HIG
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-09-03 2:16:39

On Thursday 26 August 2004 11:03, Jan Muehlig wrote:
<SNIP>
> 3. As Frans pointed out, the HIG must serve also for external developers
> (and companies). And it is a sign to the world that usability (and
> accessibility) is taken serious at KDE. This is very important. Also,
> companies and public administration migrating to Linux on desktop must
> consider ergonomics and norms (ISO, DIN). If KDE does not meet them (in
> the future), it will be more difficult to conquer the desktops of this
> world. The norms are not that much magic, they are mainly strange
> formulations of usability (and accessibility) principles. However, I
> would like to make sure that the HIG conforms to these norms.

I would with interest hear more about this. Could you write a mail on what
this exactly is, and how we need to adapt to it? For example: What standards
are relevant(links), if and how we need to adapt writing form to it, and a
detailed discussion on how the content actually will be affected. An
orientation for those who will work on the HIG.

Cheers,

		Frans