List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The User Interface Guidelines have moved
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-08-24 0:13:53

On Monday 23 August 2004 23:49, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> is translation possible now that it is docbook?

Yes, I think so. Vanilla Docbook XML 4.3 is used, without the KDE specific
extensions; this is for good and bad since the KDE variant is too restrictive
but OTOH it is perhaps useful/needed for doing translations the KDE way. I
think it would be possible to switch to the KDE DTD with some hacks. I will
look closer into this.

But perhaps it would be better to prioritize other areas -- I would value
translating usual KDE documentation higher than the UIG. The guidelines are
also read by people who generally have good English skills, if that matters.
(but this, whether translation is important, is a totally different thing of
course)

			Frans