List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: list of usability-related aKademy discussion
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-07-31 23:56:59

On Saturday 31 July 2004 23:39, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

<snip>

> > I can't help feeling that it is organisational clean ups, a little bit of
> > simplification, and some user feedback that KControl needs, not a
> > wholesale change in direction.
>
> this isn't a wholesale change in direction. it's an evolution. one that is
> orthogonal to individual kcontrol cleanups which will continue to need to
> be done.
>
> we already have a search mechanism, but it's hidden and limited.
> we already have an icon view (default, even, on some OSes) but it's not
> nearly as useful as it could be.
> we have panel help but it too is hidden, not standardized and DEFINITELY
> underutilized.
>
> evolution.

I would like to emphasize that: I think it is inevitable KControl will have an
interable design approach during KDE 4 -- which is absolutely great, and we
have the time for it. As modules gets replaced, information density increased
by module merges and so forth, the picture will gradually change(referring to
categorization).

			Frans