List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Many balls in the air
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-07-26 4:31:58

On Monday 26 July 2004 04:13, Jamethiel Knorth wrote:
> >From: Frans Englich <frans.englich@telia.com>
<snip>
> I am aware that several exist, but cannot regularly find such things. Would
> you be able to post a series of links to all such documents so that we can
> make an attempt to sort out and merge together their ideas for one master
> document to bind them all?

Read my first mail.

<snip>

> I don't think there is any rush to have the discussion, but since so many
> people are eager to change KControl, it would perhaps be good to help
> everyone coordinate. If people are going to be working on designing and
> programming KControl anyway, having some discussion would be good to avoid
> them wasting their time.

Yes, no one have denied that -- of course we should discuss it. The question
is if we should wait or not.

> >* The KUA project is very vulnerable for "inappropriate" publicity, and I
> >will
> >hence ask Derek to go radio silent about it on the cvs-digest. It could
> >also
> >be of use to roughly sort out everything concerning kcontrol before Derek
> >start mentioning it -- it could otherwise too lead to much unnecessary
> >noise.
> >Should I also ask Derek to be quiet on kcontrol-related commits?(until we
> >have sorted all mess out) In that case, no blogging neither, of course.
>
> I don't know that it's necessary to keep it all quiet about the work on
> KControl,

I know why:

* It will be hard to keep silent about the KUA project otherwise
* We don't want more communication overhead than we already have. Let's keep
things quite and controlled
* Why not be silent? We will get publicity anyway, just not now.

			Frans