List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Few miscellaneous suggestions
From:       Christoph Wiesen <chris () deadhand ! com>
Date:       2004-07-23 15:52:52

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> I have to disagree there.  Perhaps this could be addressed with
> Kpersonalizer. I don't like these 'really cool' themes and I think that
> business users would tend to agree.  I use the Hicolor Classic style and
> KDE Classic icons.  We should continue to fully support these since they
> are more usable than the 'really cool' stuff and I think that that is what
> business users would consider the most usable.

Now that I had a second look at Crystal and Nuvola (as an modern alternative)
I'd disagree with your views on icons.
KDE-Classic somehow seems to have that technical feel to it - Crystal is
pretty friendly (too 'friendly' for some - ok) - I'd say nowadays executives
are fine with that.
One thing I'm not sure about is how Crystal and similar look on a 256 colour
display. Given nowadays common Terminal Server setups such environments
aren't all that uncommon.
So if I think about KDE on our companies desktops (Windows right now) there
would be no problem with Crystal but definitely with Keramik.
Documentation thats either written for Plastik, KDE-Classic or a similar
classic theme won't look misplaced with any of those styles as they all
follow the same basics.