List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: General KDE Usability
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-13 17:53:47

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 12:00, kde-usability-request@kde.org wrote:
> On Monday 12 July 2004 15:47, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Additionally there is an extra kicker button which lets you select
> > between all installed konqy profiles.
> >
> > But I'm afraid this button sin't installed on kicker by default...
>
> Wouldn't it be easy and much better to just replace the current
> Konqueror icon on kicker with this button in the default setup?
>
> Cheers, Datschge

What do others think about this ?
Currently there is the web browser profile and the file management profile on
kicker.
Now I also think having the "select your konqy profile"-button on kicker would
be a good idea.
This would make three buttons for konqy.
I'm not sure if one of the two default buttons could/should be removed.
But I'm quite sure not many people will find the new button if we don't put it
on kicker by default.

I also hacked on a kicker button which opens a menu delayed (like in konqy,
kmail, konsole, etc.), but most people were against this, so I didn't commit.
This would have given us the chance to add to both konqy buttons the menu
with profiles.

Bye
Alex
--