List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: General KDE Usability
From:       Tom Chance <lists () tomchance ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-07-13 17:45:20

On Tuesday 13 Jul 2004 15:29, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> KDE is the power user's desktop.  We do not want to turn it into another
> GNOME! :-)

Is this the general opinion of KDE, or just yours, James? I for one don't
consider KDE to only be for power users. I install it by default on complete
newbie's machines because I think it's better in various other respects. IMO
KDE is, and ought to be, for all classes of user.

I'd rather not see KDE and GNOME take the approach that they should only
differ in their initial configuration and general configurability :o)

Regards,
Tom