List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Proposal to change mouse click handling
From:       Art Carney <greencarrots () nospammail ! net>
Date:       2004-07-05 19:19:13

On July 5, 2004 10:21 am, Jörg Rüppel wrote:
> Leo Savernik wrote:
> > Am Montag 05 Juli 2004 13:21 schrieb Art Carney:
> > [...]
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Nooooooooo! KDE does this already for toolbar buttons, and it is annoying
> > to hell. It is impossible to quickly delete two or more mails in kmail,
> > and it is impossible to quickly go back two or three sites in konqueror.
>
> Finally, I know the reason for the 'laggy' back-button in Konqy! Can I
> turn it off somewhere? It makes more sense to have double-click deletion
> on desktop and kicker icons than on toolbar buttons, IMHO.

That makes sense, especially since the mouse does not go to the hand shape
when the user moves his mouse over a toolbar icon.

You do raise a good point, though, Leo. The way we have it now, the
double-click deletion (dcd) is in the opposite of what KDE should be doing. I
can see enabling dcd across the board or everywhere except toolbars as being
tenable policies. The current one cannot stand, though, as it is confusing
and inefficient.