On July 5, 2004 10:21 am, Jörg Rüppel wrote: > Leo Savernik wrote: > > Am Montag 05 Juli 2004 13:21 schrieb Art Carney: > > [...] > > > >>>I propose that > >>>* Double-click deletion be added to kdelibs > >>>* That it be enabled by default if single-click is active > > > > [...] > > > > Nooooooooo! KDE does this already for toolbar buttons, and it is annoying > > to hell. It is impossible to quickly delete two or more mails in kmail, > > and it is impossible to quickly go back two or three sites in konqueror. > > Finally, I know the reason for the 'laggy' back-button in Konqy! Can I > turn it off somewhere? It makes more sense to have double-click deletion > on desktop and kicker icons than on toolbar buttons, IMHO. > That makes sense, especially since the mouse does not go to the hand shape when the user moves his mouse over a toolbar icon. You do raise a good point, though, Leo. The way we have it now, the double-click deletion (dcd) is in the opposite of what KDE should be doing. I can see enabling dcd across the board or everywhere except toolbars as being tenable policies. The current one cannot stand, though, as it is confusing and inefficient. _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability