List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Bookmark Partway Through Page?
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <sebastien.laout () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2004-06-15 23:16:28

> What is not working with Konq mouse gestures. I admit: don't use it, but
> tested few things and it works for me.

Yes it work.
But give a try to AllInOneGesture (if its this name) extension for
Mozilla/firefox : it's so userfriendly AND you can move your mouse 5
pixels, 10, 50, 100, 768 : theire will be exactly one 'Down' move.
Also : during downing your mouse, try to move a few pixels (5, 10, 20(if
big "Ydelta")) and the 'Down' movment will by countered.

Now, try khotkeys and move few pixels of the trajectory, or move more
pixels than 'one move in a direction' and the movment will be to re-do
because khotkeys is very strict.

When browsing the web I draw non-perfectly vertical/horizontal lines and
I can draw few pixels lines as well as the entire screen size :)

Now, khotkeys can perform mouse gesture.
What I would expect for KDE 4.0 is to have ALL apps be able to configure
mouse gestures *in the same dialog as keyboard shortcuts* (because use
khotkeys to configure a lot of things and then work to have khotkeys
trigger a keyboard shortcut in the targetted app is not userfriendly
(but I appologize it is possible !).
If nobody have posted a bug I will ask for it !
KDE is all about power but it need time for all those power to be well
integrated.

> Also search as you type is in
> CVS.

I was knowing that it was a highly rated bug and was now possible.
Good news if it's done !

> > After, sometimes (twice or a little more a year) I need a BASH script
> > :
> > it's new tabs to be opened (web doc, man doc, the test folder).
> > It would potencially add a third use of sessions for me (because I would
> > open the BASH session very few per year).
>
> Cut other examples. Profiles are doing this (at least partially).

Profile for that ?
Hum...
Good point !
But you cannot save tabs (you just can save the current tab config),
isn't it ?
So, profiles can be a start point for session managment, or the both
merged ?
But profiles are havy to use and more fitted for definitive settings.

Idealy, we just need to click one button to save a session (no dialog,
or perhapse just to name it) and easily delete it in one click
(+confirm).
See the session managment of TabbedBrowsing extension of Mozilla : it
add a dropdown button to the toolbar :
* Save current session
* Rename > [a list of all sessions]
* Delete > [a list of all sessions]
* [list of all sessions to load one]
* +the last session
* +the last session if konqueror was crashing
                (or automatically reloaded ?)

++