List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Window decorations
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2004-06-13 17:30:35

On Sunday 13 June 2004 19:07, Jeff Marder wrote:

> One good reason is only kde apps will use this scheme and non-kde apps
> will use the more generally accepted min/max/close scheme.  Not a very
> good setup.  Sure, there could also be a matching theme for gnome, but
> that still doesn't cover it all.   I don't know about everyone else,
> but I use several non kde/gnome apps on a regular basis.  So it seems
> the current setup is optimal.  We can't assume everyone is only using
> kde apps so they are given consistency by default and the option to
> change it to match their preferences.

I too prefer the close button on the left side of the window, although I don't
care for it to be the defaut. As long as it's easily configurable, I see no
reason to change defaults. I have been annoyed by changing defaults in KDE in
more than one occasion, and I'd prefer to spare others the same.

Even because I feel people don't generally prefer one way or another, as long
as it remains consistent...

However, This objection has missed the mark completely, since all applications
use the same button layout, which is dictaded by KWin (or the window manager
in use).

Luciano