List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kde-usability Digest, Vol 15, Issue 25
From:       Dan Jensen <admin () leinir ! dk>
Date:       2004-06-13 18:01:27

Sunday 13 June 2004 10:00 wrote Leo:
>Am Samstag 12 Juni 2004 18:11 schrieb Art Carney:
>[...]
>>
>> [Close]      [Title]           [optionall appicon] [minimize] [maximize]
>
>This was the default for KDE 1.9x. It has been rejected for a good reason.
>Also note that you can individually configure the button position, so no need
>to shove it down everyone's throat.

  Apart from me preferring the application icon to be on the left, I like this
layout a lot. The 'good reason' that this layout was rejected was that it was
unlike other operating systems out there. The layout make sense from a
usability point of view, as it gives you the two most used options in the two
easiest to reach positions and, as was pointed out earlier, it separates the
two options that, apart from both of them being very used, also are almost
diametrically opposed.

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk/mindripple/