List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Window decorations
From:       Henrique Pinto <henrique.pinto () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-06-13 17:22:48

Em Dom 13 Jun 2004 14:07, Jeff Marder escreveu:
> One good reason is only kde apps will use this scheme and non-kde apps
> will use the more generally accepted min/max/close scheme.  Not a very
> good setup.  Sure, there could also be a matching theme for gnome, but
> that still doesn't cover it all.   I don't know about everyone else,
> but I use several non kde/gnome apps on a regular basis.  So it seems
> the current setup is optimal.  We can't assume everyone is only using
> kde apps so they are given consistency by default and the option to
> change it to match their preferences.

Not really. When running in KDE, every app will use this scheme. The titlebar
is not drawn by the app, but by the window manager. But this is no good
reason to change defaults now. And, actually, for the same reasons it is not
a good idea to change the default style one more time in the 3.x series,
let's at least wait until the KDE 4.0 development cycle starts to discuss
this.

--
	Henrique Pinto
	henrique.pinto@kdemail.net