List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Window decorations
From:       Jeff Marder <jeff.marder () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-06-13 17:07:08

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 09:47:46 -0700, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.org> wrote:

> Leo Savernik wrote:
> >
> > Am Samstag 12 Juni 2004 18:11 schrieb Art Carney:
> > [...]
> >
> >>[Close]      [Title]           [optionall appicon] [minimize] [maximize]
> >

> > This was the default for KDE 1.9x. It has been rejected for a good reason.
>
> And that good reason was ... ?  What was/is it?
>
> I thought that that was better and ever since it was changed, I have to change
> it back.
>
> --
> JRT

One good reason is only kde apps will use this scheme and non-kde apps
will use the more generally accepted min/max/close scheme.  Not a very
good setup.  Sure, there could also be a matching theme for gnome, but
that still doesn't cover it all.   I don't know about everyone else,
but I use several non kde/gnome apps on a regular basis.  So it seems
the current setup is optimal.  We can't assume everyone is only using
kde apps so they are given consistency by default and the option to
change it to match their preferences.

Jeff