List:       kde-usability
Subject:    kdm and start of KDE; type-ahead in file view
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2004-05-16 19:41:19

Hello,

CVS-HEAD

1.
I've read complaints about logging through kdm and time of KDE loading
(SUSE). I am not using graphic logger but found it interesting.

I understand it last so long because kdm usually use minimal versions of
qt/kde to load itself and after choosing KDE regular qt/kde libs are
loaded and this is the reason start takes so long.

Is this true?

2.
How to change settings in Konq to look for file by regular typing of
letters? For me Konq catches only first letter, some time ago I disabled
timeout but now I need it... :/

BTW Wouldn't it be good for consistency to implement /type-ahead finding
like in web view for this?

m.

ps. This barely touches regular problems from this list by time of start
is definitely usability issue :)

Learn Touch Typing with Vim: http://www.vim.org Script #461
vim.pl - http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj
VimGDB - http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimgdb