List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Directory Editor
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <sebastien.laout () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2004-03-17 22:07:18

> As I noted to another, the problem with .directory files is that they apply
> to single directories, and I am hoping for a solution which applies to all
> directories according to their contents. As my suggestion included having
> specific settings for specific directories, it would want to be able to
> interoperate with .directory files a bit. I don't know how well that would
> work, because .directory files can do much more for the folder they are in

Hum... OK .desktop allow we to personalize folders for now.
But what if we haven't write access to folders we want to personalize ?
My NTFS Windows partition is read only : I can't apply icons on those
folders (I store some musique and files to have them comonly on Windows
and Linux), and even less view options.
So, .desktop has limitations (and, as that was already said, we must
configure this for all subdirectories, and aren't allowed to apply
options according to theire contents).