List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: standardizing modes of text selection
From:       "Jamethiel Knorth" <jamethknorth () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-03-18 3:44:52

I am currently using Safari. I had not checked before, but it does support
this perfectly in html (it selects by paragraph in text-boxes). It is very
nice and should be implemented system-wide, even in editable areas. There is
no reason for the behavior to change from region to region.

Unless someone can think on an instance where it would not apply. I can
think of nothing.

Also, is it possible to get every application which is an editor to support
proper text dragging? I assume there is an issue with this, because the old
KATE model was broken and the new one does copy instead of move (which is
un-intuitive and redundant with the middle-click). Dragging text to move it
is standard throughout most systems (just tested that in Safari here, as
well as MS-Word)