List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kControl printer configuration
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-01-29 16:22:11

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 22:59, David Goodenough wrote:
> Would it not be an idea to provide a link to linuxprinting.org as well as
> asking for a file if you do not find your printer in the provided list when
> adding a new printer?

Hm.. I don't think it would help much, the vast majority of users don't know
how to do that anyway. In the long run I would estimate it's neither needed,
there's good financial support and when open source get a bigger spread the
hardware vendors will ensure their printers are supported(excluding those who
already do).

Cheers,

			Frans