List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: simpler UI for konqy
From:       Carlos Leonhard Woelz <carloswoelz () imap-mail ! com>
Date:       2004-01-16 16:47:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 16 January 2004 12:27, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> As for the problems for mantainment, well, I think who most feels the urge
> to have a separate browser, could as well start coding it on kdenonbeta.
> I'm sure that if the resulting program is found useful and ready, it will
> be shipped with the upcoming KDE versions. This has also the advantage that
> it could be shipped separately in the possibly long time until next KDE
> release.

We are talking about ui only. Konqueror has most of the necessary technology
to make a simpler browser a reality. The xmlui is in place. If you can create
different configurations for the configuration modules, the context menus and
the sidebar you can transform Konqueror without one line of programming in
any viewing application you want, not just a new browser.