List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: simpler UI for konqy
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () virgilio ! it>
Date:       2004-01-16 9:50:40

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 19:54, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> Ideal solution: Separation.
> Use konqueror technology to create a lean specialized web browsing
> application, and *keep* the konqueror web browsing profile with close
> resemblance to the file manager profile. (As it is today). Solves (2
> a,b,c and d, 4a and don't incur in 4b, as it would be a different app in
> the user perspective). Keep the konqueror web browsing profile as it is
> today, with minimum differences from the file manager profile.

I really like this solution. This lets me have the Konqueror the way I like
(that is, mostly as it is right now), and it also lets "usability aware"
people do their best on the user friendly browser.
Better yet, from my point of view, is that a separate browser could force a
cleanup of the khtml_part, which I think is a bit too tied to konqueror right
now.

Luciano