List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: simpler UI for konqy
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () virgilio ! it>
Date:       2004-01-16 9:56:41

On Thursday 15 January 2004 23:11, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2004 21:47 schrieb Max O'Shea:

> Why should a single program behave like two completely different programs?
> What's the advantage of it? I can tell you a disadvantage: It's a mess to
> maintain. As I already mentionened elsewhere, if there is the need for a
> distinct web browser in KDE, it must be an application of its own.
> Everything else leads to an incoherent patchwork that will make neither
> side happy.

I like to think that konqueror is a shell. Once you know how it works, you
need not lean too much new stuff when new components are added to it.
Its "problem" as I see it is that it woks differently from "what people
knows".

I don't think konqueror is a mess to mantain; in fact I think it has not
changed that much in this release; however, the addition of ksvg, kpdf,
fsview have increased its functionality.

Luciano