List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: CTRL+ENTER or ENTER?
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-01-09 18:12:06

On Friday 09 January 2004 18:59, Simon Perreault wrote:
> On January 9, 2004 12:19, Frans Englich wrote:
> > Do I have a wrong impression on this thread or should we say - a
> > discussion on kde-usability ended in "ENTER is the best default for
> > sending messages. Other behavior needs to be reverted. Before 3.2" ?
>
> Yes. It was already discussed on this list. A concensus was reached. KMail
> should continue to use CTRL+ENTER (obviously). Kopete should change to
> ENTER by default. Any IRC or IM-like program should do the same.

Ah, great!
In other words, /before/ 3.2 is out, Kopete as well as KSirc behavior needs to
be changed so submitting messages is activated by the ENTER key, instead of
CTRL+ENTER(if that is not already the case).
The rationalis for this can be found in the archives.

Feel free to CCMAIL kde-usability when these changes are done.

Thanks!

			Frans