List:       kde-usability
Subject:    CTRL+ENTER or ENTER?
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-01-09 1:15:40

Hello everyone,

Kopete, the last change I checked, as well as KSirc judging from the cvs
commits uses ctrl+enter to submit messages instead of enter.

I see several reasons for not doing this:
A1: One review have quite well outlined it is not wanted.
A2: All other IM's I know of use ENTER - our behavior is inconsistent and tons
of users.
A3: Multiline messages is very rarely used. How often do you see it on IRC?

Reasons for doing it:
B1: It is consistent with KMail(possible others)
B2: Doing multiline messages is easier and consistent with normal editing.

I don't find it very hard to judge what behavior to choose. What do you think?

			Frans