List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: simpler UI for konqy
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2004-01-07 18:58:56

Le Mercredi 7 Janvier 2004 16:24, Aaron Seigo a écrit :

> On January 07, 2004 4:26, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > Then switching between tabs: file://, http://, file://, will cause fast
> > switching of toolbars and can create confusion.
>
> the xmlui file is tied to a view profile, so switching tabs won't cause the
> toolbar switch. switching view profiles (which is global to a given window)
> will...

My gut feeling is that this feature is much more newbie friendly if it linked
to the kio protocol (you get the web interface automatically if you are
browsing the web ; the file interface if you are managing your files) with a
possible override by the view profile for power users who wan't their
konqueror to look like an overfat swiss knife

Cheers,
Charles

--
cmiramon@kde-france.org