List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: simpler UI for konqy
From:       "Carlos Leonhard Woelz" <carloswoelz () imap-mail ! com>
Date:       2004-01-07 19:42:24

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:03:07 +0100, "Charles de Miramon"
<cmiramon@kde-france.org> said:

> > On January 07, 2004 4:26, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > > Then switching between tabs: file://, http://, file://, will cause fast
> > > switching of toolbars and can create confusion.
> >
> > the xmlui file is tied to a view profile, so switching tabs won't cause the
> > toolbar switch. switching view profiles (which is global to a given window)
> > will...
> >

> My gut feeling is that this feature is much more newbie friendly if it
> linked
> to the kio protocol (you get the web interface automatically if you are
> browsing the web ; the file interface if you are managing your files)
> with a
> possible override by the view profile for power users who wan't their
> konqueror to look like an overfat swiss knife

I disagree. The internet / windows explorer act like this. It is
annoying.
It is so frustrating not using the interface you _choosed_ to start.
I think we could have a "parcial switch" as konq behaves today, with new
buttons/ menu items, not the total switch of ie/we.

I have a gut feeling we need to do an usability test to solve this ;)
--
  Carlos Leonhard Woelz
  carloswoelz@imap-mail.com

                          love email again