List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KControl brainstorming in all its aspects
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2004-01-07 7:25:59

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 04:07 am, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Sunday 04 January 2004 16:21, William Leese wrote:
> Ok. Let's make something concrete out of William's suggestions. We make a
> (giant) list with appropriate changes(which we agree upon) for kcontrol and
> add it to CVS as kcontrol/TODO.

I think it is a great idea. But perhaps is it better to do this after 3.2 is
out and everyone has had a chance to upgrade. (I don't know about everyone
else, but I'm on 3.1.4 here and I need to stay that way for a while for prog
dev and package building etc purposes).

Also, I think we need a Wiki or some kind of kind of online comment system
where all responses to given point can be kept together (on separate pages
with comments and ACK/NCK comments below). Doing such a big task on this list
would very quickly become anarchy and impossible to 'oversee'. It can be hard
to see what is actually "mostly agreed on", while if even one person
disagrees on something, it quickly takes all of the mailing list bandwidth,
even though it may just be one person while everyone does agree. Am I making
sense here? (I just got out of bed. :-P )

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon@simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/