List:       kde-usability
Subject:    re:kde shortcuts
From:       "Carlos Leonhard Woelz" <carloswoelz () imap-mail ! com>
Date:       2003-12-19 14:33:30

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:21:18 +0530, "Rahul" <rahulsundaram@yahoo.co.in>
said:
> Hi
>

> > On Friday 19 December 2003 09:18, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > Ctrl+tab is for switching between desktops ... and that makes sense IMHO,
> > > as Alt-Tab == Switch Windows... Ctrl+N == New Window, so modifying that
> > > makes sense; it would be nice to use Alt+N, but that's just asking for a
> > > conflict due to Alt's use as a text label shortcut (menus, buttons,
> > > labels, etc)...
> >

> Sorry I messed up. I intended to type control+t not control+tab
>
> Here I go again
>
> Control+T for opening tabs in konqueror and konsole
Agreed. Ant has the additional advantage of having the same behaviour as
Mozilla. KHTML does not work yet with my bank, and I use Mozilla and win
2000 in the office. I end up firing up many Konsole in Konq and many
composers (Cntr + Shift + N) in Mozilla...
> shift+T for lauching terminal when konqueror is open
> shift+arrow keys for moving between tabs
Crtl Page Up / Down ?
> enter for sending messages in kopete
This is very polemic ;-). But I agree. I think the line break should be
Shift + Enter and the send should be Enter. The retionale is to not use a
modifier with the most used action. Plus, it is consistent with other IM,
including some from the Qt/KDE framework. Plus it is consistent with
other apps where the enter is some kind of "send or finished" but have
the ability insert a line break. So I would go for it. But I doubt you
are the first to propose that. And the developers are probably agains it.
> control+enter when sending multiline message like in kmail.
???? Please, elaborate.
I think it should be Shift + Enter

> Eliminate as much as shorcuts like control+shift+n
It is a good general goal to avoid this. But not eliminate. For more
seldom used tasks, it is usefull. And there are many keyboard lovers out
there. One of the guys that work on my division thinks he is a piano
player ;-). And you know what, he does things much faster then I do...
--
  Carlos Leonhard Woelz
  carloswoelz@imap-mail.com