List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Default configuration for Konqueror Toolbars
From:       Sashmit Bhaduri <smt () inbox ! lv>
Date:       2003-12-05 0:45:38

Quoting Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe@softhome.net>:
> I think the only reason it's there at all is because IE has a Go button and
> somebody wanted to copy it.

Nope, it's there for usability and consistancy reasons.

There are very few places in KDE in which editable comboboxes that perform an
action upon a return keypress are not supplanted by some sort of button. Take
for example, kopete's chat window and virtually any sort of dialogs.

__However__, I definitely would not bitch or moan if it were removed. Virtually
all web browser users are used to being able to press enter in location/address
fields, and if they don't know that yet, they probably will use the menu
anyways.