List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Default configuration for Konqueror Toolbars
From:       Simon Perreault <nomis80 () nomis80 ! org>
Date:       2003-11-28 1:13:39

On November 27, 2003 20:00, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> I posted the configuration which I use:
>
> 	http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/files/konq.png
>
> This is more Mozilla like in configuration and works with the current
> release -- it is a real screen shot.
>
> And I posted one that appears to be what others were advocating:
>
> 	http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/files/kde00.png

I think your configuration (perhaps with bigger icons by default) eats less
screen real estate and is easier to implement. I think both configurations
are accessibility and usability-wise equivalent.

Therefore I think your configuration is better.

I would change one thing to make it even better: remove the Enter-like button
at the right of the location bar. Nobody uses this button. At the very least
it should be moved so that it's next to the location widget and the K thingie
is flush to the right.

My two cents.

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80@nomis80.org>